Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Virtual Hiking Experiment

After my last experiment with creating bidirectional 360 video, I decided I should create a virtual path of something that might actually be interesting to see.  Below you can take a walk down a mountain trail and take a look at the Fall colors.  Or if you prefer I also made it so you could run.  I really wish Youtube had a way in its javascript api to be able to tell which way you are looking.  That way I could just make you run or walk in whichever way you are currently looking instead of having separate buttons for each direction.  Eventually I will create an app in Unity that will allow you to use the virtual reality headset of you choice, then it will be easier to tie the direction you are looking to which way you move. Until then give my latest experiment a try: (just hold down the run and walk icons to go up or down the trail, drag on the video or use the circle controller to look around)

1 comment: